Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Assessment Value Field?

Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65542

• Appling
  • Fresh Lemon
I am new to limesurvey. I have searched, googled, tried to find a tutorial on my specific need and have come to conclusion that I need to ask in the forums.

I am creating an assessment. Most of the assessment is using the radio button option where you clearly see a text entry field for "assessment Value" right between the "code" and "Answer Options" fields.

When I tried to use the multiple choice option, I found no field for assessment Value. I then tried to use a "yes/no" question in place of it to see if there was an "assessment Value" field for that one. I didn't find it.

Is the only question able to use assessment values the radio button questions?
If not, where are the fields for assessment values on the other question options?
If they don't exist, does someone have some kind of code I could use to make it possible to add assessment values to these kinds of questions/answers?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65544

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 81
You are correct that in LimeSurvey 1.91+, only a few question types can be used in assessments.

In Limesurvey 1.92, all question types can be used to create assessments, but the process will be somewhat different and more flexible. Users will be able to use either the assessment or Code values to generate scale scores. More details can be found here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Appling

Re: Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65559

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
This documentation page lists all question types that can use assessments - docs.limesurvey.org/Assessments&structur...types_being_assessed

Any scoring with other question types would need to be done with JavaScript.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65574

• Appling
  • Fresh Lemon
I see. Thanks TMSWhite and tpartner

TMSwhite,
I have read a little about the Expression Manager for 1.92. Will I have to know javascript in order to use it or will there be some built in expressions? Any ETA on the release of 1.92?

tpartner,
Thanks for the direct link to what I needed to see. I did notice however that one of the <a href='www.docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?p...tions+for+LimeSurvey'>question types</a> I was trying to use (or thought I was) was listed as being one that supported <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...tions+for+LimeSurvey'>assessment</a> values. I suppose I'm missing something right in front of me, but I didn't see any fields for <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...tions+for+LimeSurvey'>assessment</a> values on "multiple options". I will try it again and see if I can locate it.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Appling. Reason: correction

Re: Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65575

• Appling
  • Fresh Lemon
Ack! My post was attacked by html! I hope you all can read around it!

Re: Assessment Value Field? 2 years 7 months ago #65587

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 81
Appling-

No, for LimeSurvey 1.92, you do not need to know JavaScript. One of the design goals is to make it possible to do, without JavaScript, about 90-95% of the things people used to do with JavaScript.

1.92 is available for download, and is nearly ready for beta testing. The more people beta test it, the faster it will be ready for production. There is no formal release date, but the expectation is in the next couple or few months.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image