Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Editing the Public Statistics page

Editing the Public Statistics page 3 years 1 month ago #65144

• Mike1985
  • Senior Lime
Hi,

If you don't know what I mean from the public statistics page, please see attached for an image of it..

I'm trying to make a few changes to it but not really understanding how it's put together. For exacmple the code for part of it is:
<body class="default">
<table class="outerframe">
	<tr>
		<td>
<table class="survey-list-table">
    <tr>
		<td class="site-name">
			<h1>LimeSurvey</h1>
		</td>
    </tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="survey-list-heading">
			The following surveys are available:
         </td>
    </tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="survey-list">
        	<ul><li><a href='http://bravo.dasa.r.mil.uk/limeSurvey190/index.php?sid=64772'  class='surveytitle'>An example electronic survey</a>
</li>

But in the index.php the class "outerframe" is not there. In fact I don't think it's in any of the files!

Can anyone explain how to make changes?

Mike
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Editing the Public Statistics page 3 years 1 month ago #65196

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
That page is generated by the .pstpl files in the template. In particular, surveylist.pstpl.

See "The template editor in documentation - docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&...tions+for+LimeSurvey
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Editing the Public Statistics page 3 years 1 month ago #65205

• Mike1985
  • Senior Lime
Indeed, surveylist.pstpl does hold all the HTML I'm looking for.

However, because there are several template folders, there are also several surveylist.pstpl files (one in each, obviously). So how do you know which one it's using? I should point out to people reading this that the Default template: option in Global Settings dictates what file is used from what folder - mine is currently 'default' and probably so will yours be..

I hope this maybe helps someone someday :)

Re: Editing the Public Statistics page 3 years 1 month ago #65256

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
However, because there are several template folders, there are also several surveylist.pstpl files (one in each, obviously). So how do you know which one it's using?
As you say, the template used for the "List Survey" page is dictated by your choice in Global settings. So if you choose the "default" template (which is, well, the default setting) you need only modify templates/default/surveylist.pstpl. Otherwise modify surveylist.pstpl in the appropriate directory.

Capture_2011-09-02.GIF
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Donation Image