Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Copying active survey and adding additional questions while saving old responses

Copying active survey and adding additional questions while saving old responses 3 years 1 month ago #65103

• Kenci
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everyone.

My survey is going to be under construction for a while. I would like the participants to be able to answer the current questions even though it is not finished. In the future, some questions might be changed, old ones deleted and new ones added.

In the user manual, i have read that it is not possible to add or delete questions to an active survey.

Under Survey Genereal settings there is the following option:
- Allow editing answers after completion

If i would like to add a new question to my survey, i guess i would have to make a completely new survey with the same questions as the previous one. But is it possible to make the NEW survey somehow remember the answers of the old one for each participant, so that they would just have to fill out the new question?

How could i accomplish this?
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Copying active survey and adding additional questions while saving old responses 3 years 4 weeks ago #65131

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 790
I don't think you will be able to do this. Every time you deactivate the survey to add questions you will lose the data.

Normally on reactivation you have the option of importing previous data but I don't think it will work if you have added or removed questions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Copying active survey and adding additional questions while saving old responses 3 years 4 weeks ago #65141

• Kenci
  • Fresh Lemon
I noticed that when you restore data from a canceled survey, tokens are not included, so i cannot see who answered the specific questions. Is there a way to include tokens?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image