Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dummy data before activating survey

Dummy data before activating survey 2 years 7 months ago #65054

• hmd91364
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!

I've been adding in question groups/questions to my survey, but before I activate, I would like to be able to do some thorough testing. I have used the "Test Survey" button to see how my questions and answers will appear, but ideally, I'd also like to input some dummy data and test out exporting data to Excel, and then importing data into another program (RedCap). I'd prefer to test all of this before activating the survey when I can no longer make major changes--is this possible?

If not, is it possible to create dummy data even while in activation mode without affecting my real data?

Thanks for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dummy data before activating survey 2 years 7 months ago #65056

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
You can activate the survey, test, play around, create data, export it. Then you deactivate the survey which will move the results data from limesurvey and then start your real survey by activating. Once deactivated, you can do what ever you want with the survey.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Dummy data before activating survey 2 years 7 months ago #65231

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks, I was wondering if this was the only way to do this as well.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image