Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How many surveys can limesurvey house?

How many surveys can limesurvey house? 3 years 3 weeks ago #64938

• Lemon
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Is there a restriction to the number of surveys i am permitted to have? Will i ever run into the problem that there is too much data (and hence surveys) that the system crashes or fails to work once i reach a potential maximum?

The reason i ask is because i will be programming 18 surveys in addition to the ones (about 15) that i already have. I will be contacting 60,000 people. Will this high of number cause limesurvey to crash or slow down once the data start rolling in?

Lastly, when merging to a new version of Limesurvey, is the transition seamless...is there a way to automatically transfer old surveys to the new version or do i manually have to export each one and then import it into the new version of Limesurvey?

Thanks very much for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How many surveys can limesurvey house? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65019

• pwmowers
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
Theoretically, there is no practical limit to the number of surveys or responses that you can have. The problem becomes one of limitations of your hardware, storage and server response. Several other threads have discussed the number of users (people creating/administering surveys) and the number of respondents (people taking surveys). See Here

With 60,000 responses, my concerns would probably be more with the analysis.;)

The update of LS through Comfort Update has been a real help (Thanks guys!) and makes the updates pretty painless. Remember to always back-up your data and surveys before any updates.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image