Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group

loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group 2 years 8 months ago #64833

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

as mentioned in the topic: After re-importing a question group that I previously exported I loose most of the sub-questions of arrays.
I saw this before and it still behaves like that in the latest version (1.91 build 10746).

This happens when I re-import a question group and rename the single questions while the originally exported question group still exists.

My workaround requires quite some copy/paste and changes between question groups, as I can copy single questions without a problem, but copying complete question groups would be easier for me.

Thanks + best regards

claudio
... lost in brackets ...
(I suggest a preview option for posting in the forum)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group 2 years 8 months ago #64835

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
More info: The exported question group contains the question group id and when re-importing limesurvey somehow protects the existing question group with the existing id.

Solved it now using a text editor:
I opened the .lsg file and looked for
<gid><![CDATA[25]]></gid> (this all likely means it is group id 25) and changed all places it was found to
<gid><![CDATA[27]]></gid>,
saved the file, re-imported into limesurvey and voilá: the question group is imported containing all questions and all sub-questions.

Suggestion: when importing a question group into limesurvey the editor should check for existing id's and if any are found they should be renamed.

Is there any scenario where this behavior is counterproductive?

Thanks + best wishes

claudio
... lost in brackets ...

Re: Aw: loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group 2 years 8 months ago #64841

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Claudio, this may be a bug.

Please file a bug report and...

1. Give as much information as possible.

2. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

3. Provide a sample survey.

4. Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker here so we can follow the progress.

Thanks
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Aw: Re: Aw: loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group 2 years 8 months ago #64848

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
Tony,
thank you, I'll try to find out what happens.
Currently it looks like the export is having a problem, because the question group I export does not contain the data it should. I'll try to find out more (just spent an hour on this...) - but not sure yet.

Best wishes
Claudio
... lost in brackets ...

Aw: Re: Aw: loose subquestions when re-importing exported question group 2 years 7 months ago #64857

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
... even more information and still confused: There is definitely a problem with exporting a question group - the exported group looses the subquestions - but when exporting the complete survey the subquestions are included.
I admit I have some complicated formatting in the subquestions and use brackets and whatever, BUT: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - I just copied all single questions to a new group manually and exporting and re-importing works.

The problem here is that I am not allowed to disclose the survey, otherwise I'd just upload it...
... lost in brackets ...
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image