Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reminder for Missed Questions

Reminder for Missed Questions 3 years 3 days ago #64742

• mpatriq
  • Fresh Lemon
I am using LimeSurvey for a research study and cannot use mandatory questions because participants must have the option to answer/not answer questions (per Institutional Review Board regulations).

I was wondering if there was a way to display a message when participants tried to continue to another group of questions. For example, "Some questions were not answered. Please check over these questions to make sure you meant to skip them." It would be great if the questions that were missed were highlighted too (like with mandatory questions). The participants could then go back and answer the questions, if they meant to answer them. If they meant to skip the questions, then the survey would just let them continue.

If it's possible - this would be extremely helpful! Thanks for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reminder for Missed Questions 3 years 3 days ago #64744

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 302
I can't really help with the actual part of the reminder. I guess you would have to do some Javascript stuff, because I am not aware of such a function in LS.

However, couldn't you just include a "no answer" option and make them mandatory?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image