Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Custom survey for each user

Custom survey for each user 3 years 5 days ago #64684

• dataguru
  • Junior Lime
I have an Access database set up.
Trainers collect hard copy data that is entered in Access along with participant name and e-mail address.
Trainers have their trainees specify three goals they want to accomplish. Then later we generate a follow up survey to each trainee to find out the status of implementing their goals. Right now it's a generic survey and people forget what goals they said they'd work on.

My question is...

What's the best way to use the goals data from Access to create a custom survey for each participant?

I'm thinking the survey would list each goal and then ask the person to indicate degree of implementation, along with text fields for comments, barriers, etc.

I'm thinking I could use the attribute fields to import the data into the token table. Can token data be used to conditionally populate text on the surveys? or is there a better way to approach it?

Thanks,
Betty
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Custom survey for each user 3 years 5 days ago #64691

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 302
I think the attribute fields would be the best solution. Create 3 questions for the goals with placeholders. Then add the attributes 1-3 to the token table and show them in the questions "Goal 1", "Goal 2", "Goal 3". I think you can export the token attribute fields together with the results, so you also know which goal was which goal for each respondent.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Custom survey for each user 3 years 5 days ago #64693

• dataguru
  • Junior Lime
Excellent. I'll give that a try. I'll also plan to write up a how-to on it for the wiki.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image