Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Randomize group order and randomize answers within groups

Randomize group order and randomize answers within groups 3 years 3 weeks ago #64306

I want to randomize group order and randomize answers within groups, and I'd like a couple of answers to stick in a certain place. See example below of what I mean -- the 3 groups might appear randomly, and answers within, but always kept in a group.

How much of that functionality could be built with LimeSurvey without Javascript? Maybe dropping a requirement or two means not going to Javascript, which might fly in this case....

Also, I cannot figure out Randomization group name stuff. The documentation is too vague for me. I'd love to know where to type 'group1'? Where to enter a header for each group? A more-detailed how-to would be most welcome.

Thanks for any pointers!
K

Question R. Below is a list of activities some people may do regularly. Please select the ones you do (if at all) in a typical week.

PRODUCTIVITY
Text [ALWAYS AT TOP]
Email
Call
Google
Library
COMMUNICATION & SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook
Google+
Twitter
Foursquare
ENTERTAINMENT
Sharing/viewing photos
Downloading or listening to music
Playing online games
Playing games on your phone like Angry Birds
Podcasts
Other [ALWAYS AT BOTTOM]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Randomize group order and randomize answers within groups 3 years 3 weeks ago #64307

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
The randomization group name can solve one of your problems, which is randomizing answers within a question group with some of the questions not randomizing.

Ahhh, stop, I guess I got you wrong.

With "groups" you mean "groups of items within a single question" and not a "question group" correct? I don't think that you can do that with Limesurvey without too much Javascript at the moment.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Donation Image