Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page

Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64302

• wabrit
  • Fresh Lemon
I would like to invoke a survey with pre-filled answers (I know how to do that); the answers that get filled in this way will occupy the first 10 pages of my survey; I want the user to 'land' in the new survey on page 11 so that they don't have to wade through 10 pages of answers they probably just filled in somewhere else.

Is that possible? I can see a "lastpage" column in the survey responses tables so it looks tantalisingly close to what I want.

Many thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64304

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Is this a token based survey? If so, you can try one of two things.

A. set the pre-known data as token attribute fields. The respondent never has to see them, though you can invoke them in the question text if needed.

B. (not tested, likely not to work unless the respondent comes to the survey for a second time) set in general survey options/tokens: "Enable token-based response persistence?" to yes

Re: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64310

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
Maybe using conditions:
Set all your pre-filled questions as "not mandatory" (...and 'always hide this question')
Put a condition on your Q1/Page1 to go Q1/page10 if answered (or create a basic simple choice question with a default answer... and set your condition on it)

In case you need it:
This simple JS (jQuery) snippet code will emule the submit button and go next page...
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
document.limesurvey.submit();});
</script>
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64311

• wabrit
  • Fresh Lemon
Many thanks for the suggestions; unfortunately I also have the requirement (which I should have included in the opening post) that the user can navigate back through the pages that have been pre-filled so that they may review and/or change those answers.

Re: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64313

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
wabrit wrote:
Many thanks for the suggestions; unfortunately I also have the requirement (which I should have included in the opening post) that the user can navigate back through the pages that have been pre-filled so that they may review and/or change those answers.
The the solution of atiut work. You just have to prefill the answer before launching the email.

You can update it with a sql query i think.

Re: Invoke a survey with a specified starting page 3 years 3 weeks ago #64319

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
A: you can try something along the lines of

"you said that you have {INSERTANS 23x34x4556} cats. If you want to modify this, please revise the number below".

Use the
button to simplify the process.

You can control all such questions through a single yes/no question, if needed, and you can either group them together (at the end maybe) or spread them throughout the survey.

I cannot speak specifically about your survey but this would seem more thoughtful for the respondents than just parachuting them in the middle of the survey and saying: hey, you are allowed to go back an undetermined number of screens and maybe find something to revise.

And... you will have the old and new answers in the same database.

B: i think this is the option Shnoulle says it should work. You can do indeed an SQL query (see www.tizag.com/sqlTutorial/sqlupdate.php) , or you can try uploading the results through th interface.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Donation Image