Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do I export all typed responses for one question?

How do I export all typed responses for one question? 3 years 1 month ago #64281

• risrik
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I've used LimeSurvey a few times for a client. They have a lot of questions that require the user to type an actual answer (e.g. 'What would you recommend be done?' or 'Please add additional comments below'). My issue is with getting the results. They want all the responses for each question together. That is, all the answers to question 1, then all the answers to question 2, etc.

It seems like LimeSurvey will give each respondent's answers separately. statistics are good for numbered or multiple choice questions but not for questions with actual answers.

Am I missing something? If my client has 100 respondents and wants to get all the typed answers from say, question 8, how do we go about doing that other than viewing every answer from every respondent and cutting and pasting? I'm surprised I can't seem to see how to export all the answers from one question regardless of respondent. Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I export all typed responses for one question? 3 years 1 month ago #64294

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 810
Hello,

You can export each question separatly, and you have one column with all answer.

LS offer to export one line for each answers from all question, like all survey tools i know.

:)

Re: How do I export all typed responses for one question? 3 years 1 month ago #64303

• risrik
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for responding. I guess you use 'Column Control' in the Export page. That seems to give all the answers for one question. Thanks!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Donation Image