Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Conditional Default Answers

Conditional Default Answers 2 years 11 months ago #64238

• lmooney
  • Fresh Lemon
I have made a wonderful giant grid survey and don't want to make a bunch of things optional if I can help it. So, this is what I'm wondering.

Can I make a drop Down box default to a specific answer based on another drop down box.

I've attached an image so that it helps in explaining my issue, but if a person selects "Never" in the frequency of use for an application, I want the next question in the grid to default to "N/A" because it's asking about Ease of Use.

Oh and so you know, the questions are using one of the javascript work arounds suggested in the documentation to make them all line up in grids. They are each individual questions.

File Attachment:

File Name: ConditionalDefault.pdf
File Size: 122 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Conditional Default Answers 2 years 11 months ago #64259

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
Nice job on the side-by-side layout!

You should be able to do this with a JavaScript listener on the "Frequency" dropdowns.

If you can attach a small sample group (2 rows) with your side-by-side script included, I'll see if I can out together a quick solution for you.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image