Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can i update token attribute fields once a study has started

can i update token attribute fields once a study has started 2 years 8 months ago #64175

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
I need to update survey A, based on some data from survey B (same population). The survey order needs to be A-B-A (long story...). The information will be stored in token attribute fields in survey A, because I know it before the respondents starts the survey.

Now, i tried uploading an updated token table, but, once LS identifies a duplicate, it will refuse to upload the line, rather than updating the values. Can I work around this? I though of 4 theoretical ways:

1. update the limesurvey code, so that it allows overwriting data when i upload a csv token table. Has anyone ever done such a thing?
2. direct survey B to survey A, and include in the URL parameters that will update the token attributes. If possible, it could be similar with what dataguru is doing.

The next two are off-topic so I am just mentioning them:
3. manage/update the mysql table remotely. The problem is that the connection timesout in ~60 seconds and I have not found a local client to override that. Plus, I am not sure whether it is safe with Limesurvey.

4. Work on the server. Unfortunately PhPMyAdmin does not seem to have a GUI for this, and I do not know to write SQL code... Otherwise, this would have been the perfect solution :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
Donation Image