Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Filter report results for user based on question answer

Filter report results for user based on question answer 3 years 2 months ago #64038

• Unifex
  • Fresh Lemon
Hey all,

I have a client that has an established survey. He's wanting to give users (representatives from universities) access to the reports but only the survey results where the "Which University are you attending" matches the Uni that the user represents.

Is this currently possible out of the box?
If not, are there extensions that provide this?
If not, anyone want to provide time estimates for a competent developer who hasn't worked with LS before to develop an extension to do this? Take into account the learning curve getting up to speed with LS.

If the final condition is reached I see one of two things happening. Either the development of the extension myself or the company I work for may put the development out to tender.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Filter report results for user based on question answer 3 years 2 months ago #64040

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
As far as I know, this is not possible.

Problem is, that there is also no extension system, which means you would have to work on the core. Ideally you would provide this back so it can que included in LS, otherwise, you'll have trouble with each update.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unifex

Re: Filter report results for user based on question answer 3 years 2 months ago #64049

• Unifex
  • Fresh Lemon
Excellent. That's the detail I was after. It's not the answer the client was after but it is an answer.

As for committing back; I live and breath OSS. :) Committing patches is a reflex action. :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Donation Image