Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens

Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens 3 years 2 months ago #63892

I've set up an anonymous survey and have invited a single user to complete it.

I've noticed that if I start answering a survey in one web browser (say Firefox), fill in the first page, exit the survey by closing down my web browser, opening up a new browser (e.g. chromium) then accessing the same survey, instead of total responses being 1 it is 2.

Is there some method that will ensure that the token can be free of the web browser (I.e. always referenced from the querystring and not stored to a cookie) so that I do not end up with multiple responses from the same user?

Cheers

Hayden
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens 3 years 2 months ago #63896

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Think about the anonymous mode and the following settings

-Set cookie to prevent repeated participation?
-Participant may save and resume later?
-Enable token-based response persistence?

You find a few words about these settings here:
docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+survey

In a anonymous mode they are mostly useless. Change the survey to non-anonymous to see what might cause the behaviour.

For me responses are unlike completes. If I got it right the same token is used but no survey was completed.

Question for me is if the token can be used as long as no questionnaire is completed with that token. And if that is intended by the developers.

Re: Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens 3 years 2 months ago #63904

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
The token should prevent respondents from completing multiple surveys so why not just export or view completed results?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens 3 years 2 months ago #63911

I think the problem might lie with the users of the system (I've simply started to support its upgrade) processing incomplete surveys; instead these should be ignored I guess.

I guess the question also is; would there be room for the token to be passed on the query string for the duration of the survey or would there be security risks with such an approach?

Re: Cross-browser (or cookieless) Tokens 3 years 2 months ago #63914

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
Why would you want to pass the token in the query string?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image