Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list

Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list 3 years 4 months ago #63888

• mitch54
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a user who is having problems uploading her token file. We recently upgraded from v.1.85 to v.1.91 and now she can't upload the CSV file for her e-mail addresses for the tokens. I tried it myself, from the file that she sent me, and this is the error message I am getting-
"Upload file not found. Check your permissions and path (/var/www/limesurvey/tmp/Round 2.csv) for the upload directory"
Any suggestions on how to get this working for her? It is crunch time for her thesis and the data is necessary to finish....thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list 3 years 4 months ago #63895

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 53
Which build are you using?

Is the path /tmp set with the correct permissions?

Can you upload e.g. a template? Or are there errors too?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by jelo.

Re: Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list 3 years 4 months ago #63917

• mitch54
  • Junior Lime
We are using 1.91 right now. We were using 1.85 when she did this before. I'm not sure about the permissions....how do I check that? I haven't changed anything since we upgraded. Our systems guy did the actual upgrade-I just administer the survey. She tried using a raw text editor to see if Microsoft was using semi-colons but she said it was comma separated.

Re: Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list 3 years 4 months ago #63921

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 386
The error message sounds like there is nothing wrong with the file, but with the permissions for the tmp folder. Ask your systems guy to check whether the folder /var/www/limesurvey/tmp/ is writeable.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitch54

Re: Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list 3 years 4 months ago #64009

• mitch54
  • Junior Lime
That worked!!! Thank you so much!!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image