Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice

The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 2 days ago #63839

• sivajik
  • Fresh Lemon
Folks

Is it possible to set up a Lime survey so that a respondent cannot take the survey twice? I tried the token feature but when I initialized the tokens and tested the survey, I was unable to start the survey without putting in a token. This won't work for my needs, rather, the respondents must be able to enter the survey without a token, yet not be allowed to take the survey twice.

Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Sivaji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 2 days ago #63840

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
You can set up the token feature so that the token is included in the url, which means he won't have to insert anything.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 1 day ago #63858

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
You have 2 solution:
Token : the only sure solution : a respondant can't answer twice.
Cookie : respondant can't answer twice with the same navigator , but can answer twice in another computer.

It's not a LS limitation, there are no technical solution without token.

You can use what you want in token email adresse for example.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Donation Image