Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Award a prize to the nth respondent

Award a prize to the nth respondent 3 years 5 days ago #63632

• craigleat
  • Fresh Lemon
I wish to award prizes to the 10th, 50th and 100th respondent to my survey, but it is an anonymous survey. Is it possible to pose a supplementary question (to request contact details) when the nth response is received?

When the 10th respondent submits she should receive feedback that she is the 10th respondent and therefore eligible for a prize and should have a question posed to her requesting contact details.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Award a prize to the nth respondent 3 years 5 days ago #63635

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 740
Look at quotas - docs.limesurvey.org/quotas&structure=Eng...tions+for+LimeSurvey.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Award a prize to the nth respondent 3 years 5 days ago #63642

• craigleat
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the pointer to the docs, but how do I make the quota action silent after the 10th response? It seems to me that once the quota is full the action is triggered for every response thereafter. In my example, I wish to trigger an action at the 10th, 50th and 100th responses only.

Thanks,

Craig

Re: Award a prize to the nth respondent 3 years 4 days ago #63712

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 740
Oh yeah, of course.

I think you may need to fire a remote script that queries the database
for number of submissions.

Here's an example of using JavaScript to call a remote PHP file - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...on-of-a-survey#55975.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Award a prize to the nth respondent 3 years 4 days ago #63713

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
maybe you can use conditions to show the question only when it is the 10th, or the 50th or the 100th. I am not sure if this possibility exists, but it should.

Otherwise you can do it like tpartner said.

Or what you could do is send them via the end url to a php script, that counts completed responses and open up a new short survey or a custom form for number 10, 50 and 100.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image