Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Repertory Grid: random picture changer, depending on pictures chosen first...

Repertory Grid: random picture changer, depending on pictures chosen first... 2 years 9 months ago #63561

Hi LimeFreaks!

OK, new to the program, not to surveys.

Want to put a Repertory Grid online. This means, that participants first chose so called categories, i.e. seven pictures (fine art) out of one hundred. these pictures should now appear in thumbnail-pairs of three and enlarge when you click on them. tha basic task is to compare the pictures and find constructs, which make two of them similar while the third differs. Like: dark colours vs. light colours.

when the first comparison is done, the found constructs should remain on the screen (so people do not answer the same twice), while the picture-combination should change (another set of three out of the seven chosen above). important: the same set should not appear again! -> ready for another run of constrcut finding.

This should go on for all possible three-picture combinations (35) of the seven chosen pictures.

So what do I need?

1. Possibility to choose pictures from a gallery.
2. Feed the pictures into the survey: show a combination of three of these chosen pictures (align them horizontally) and two text fields, where the above mentioned construct and its opposite can be filled in.
3. Show the next combination of pictures while also showing the constructs generated before.
4. Do this 35 times, so that all possible combinations of pictures are presented, without presenting any combination twice (order is not important).

Any ideas? Or even better: can I find any nearly readymade implementations for this?

Best!

wiesoeigentlich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Repertory Grid: random picture changer, depending on pictures chosen first... 2 years 9 months ago #63591

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 40
wiesoeigentlich wrote:
So what do I need?
Any ideas? Or even better: can I find any nearly readymade implementations for this?

You need a good developer ;-)

I have not seen any implementation of repertory grid with limesurvey.

To implement experimental designs limesurvey is missing features to generate questions on the fly. Conjoint, MaxDiff and Repertory Grid would be a lot easier to implement.

It will be a lot easier to use a different webbased repertory grid program and integrate it into limesurvey.

If a developer wants to get a program to play a bit with Repertory Grid
you can download the java program iPlotX ( www.intanges.com/relaunch/index.php?id=52&L=1 )

Aw: Repertory Grid: random picture changer, depending on pictures chosen first... 2 years 9 months ago #63617

Hi Jelo,

great to have somebody who actually knows the RepGrid. It is not too common, but a great technique nonetheless.

Would you know of any open source or free RepGrid program to implement? For the buyable products I see the problem that you cannot just buy a working Grid, but also the analysis-software behind. As I use the Grid for hypotheses generation, I am not interested at all in factorial analysis of the constructs - just in the constructs themselves.

It would be nice to use limesurvey though, as the follow up study is composed of mere rating scales.

Any idea?

Thanks!

wiesoeigentlich

Aw: Repertory Grid: random picture changer, depending on pictures chosen first... 2 years 9 months ago #63623

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 40
I am not an active user of repertory grid. You are interested in the elicitation phase and not the analysis part.

Since Repertory Grid is a qualitative tool for depth psychology interviews or group interviews we won't find tools for the elicitation phase only. As an interviewer you can do the elicitation phase on your own but need to tool analyze. From a software seller point of view the market for elicitation only is very very small.
And small means nonexisting if you see the amount of discussion and interest on the web about repertory grid interviews.

Webgrid is a web based tool:
gigi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca:2000/

The way for academics to use such tools on their own is to
purchase the tool via repgrid.com/

IMHO you will need a programmer to create the elicitation phase.
I cannot see you do it via a lot of conditions and questions inside
Limesurvey. You might ask tpartner (here in the forum) if he knows a way to use javascript for your elicitation process.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image