Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saved survey details email (Newbie)

Saved survey details email (Newbie) 3 years 2 weeks ago #63560

• andydavids
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi
I have taken over admin of a survey in my company.
When a survey is saved but is incomplete an email gets sent with a link which has a token, username and password included but the username and password are also included in the email.

Can I ask:
  • Is this an integral part of limesurvey or has the previous admin configured anything?
  • Why does the link include the username, password and token but the email only includes username and password.
  • Why is the username and password included in the email when there is a link within the email which logs you in fully anyway.

I have looked through the docs and forum but haven't seen an answer. Also this isn't to criticise in any way what is an excellent app I would just like to know if I understand the process completely.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Saved survey details email (Newbie) 3 years 2 weeks ago #63595

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
What version and build of limesurvey is in use?

What do you mean with integral? Default vs. configured? Or that the previous admin modified actual phpcode?

Two areas to look:
1. Look at the "email templates" (accessible via surveysettings or token management).
2. Check the general settings of the survey for the exact behaviour of your survey.
Look at docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+survey for a short explanation of the settings

Respondents can be allowed to register themselves. E.g. first invitation via token only. Then they save the survey and get an additional password. The actual behaviour is depending on settings.
You can enforce token, you can use token with anonymous mode (after invitation the emailaddresses get deleted) etc.

Since everything is in progress and even the english wiki is not always uptodate your best bet is to create a new survey and run some tests.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Donation Image