Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Heatmapping within lime survey

Heatmapping within lime survey 3 years 3 months ago #63477

• asonimie
I've been getting a few requests to do a heatmapping image. Basically someone taking the survey sees a picture and is told to click 5 times, where they click is tracked and then you can get information as to where the most clicked parts of the image were.

I've seen this run on other surveys, is there anyway to do it within lime?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Heatmapping within lime survey 3 years 3 months ago #63484

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
No. You can integrate external tools via HTML Source. But there is no heatmap question type available out of the box.

A selfhosting heatmap tool is clickheat:
www.labsmedia.com/clickheat/index.html

Re: Aw: Heatmapping within lime survey 3 years 3 months ago #63526

• asonimie
Could you offer some help with the HTML source?

Right now I'm hosting the heatmapped page locally and I'm using iframe to load the outside page within lime. The results end up being shifted from where the actual clicks occur.

Is there a better way to do this?

Re: Aw: Heatmapping within lime survey 3 years 3 months ago #63531

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
What is the aim of your study. I thought you want to use the heatmap as a questiontype (e.g. display an image and allow people to click on parts of the image as a form of voting). There are survey tools which allow such questionstypes (e.g. click once for positive, click twice for negative or click three times for removing your vote).

To load an complete webpage via iframe into limesurvey is a different web experience. I wouldn't use the heatmap at all. Because limesurvey is framing the webpage. Even if the coordiantes were correct the stimulus is wrong.

You could insert a button to load the page into a fullscreen popup.
But the popupblocker of modern browser will be an obstacle to overcome.

Re: Aw: Heatmapping within lime survey 3 years 3 months ago #63534

• asonimie
Typically the aim of the study is a product design, so we want to know what parts of, for example, a cereal box do people like and which do they dislike. So my thinking was having two different pages with heatmaps, one instructing them to click what they like, the second page telling them to click what they don't like.

What are some of the survey tools that over the one click positive, two click negative?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image