Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exit survey on Welcome page

Exit survey on Welcome page 3 years 1 month ago #63219

• pchristoph
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

We are using Version 1.87+ Build 8518

We want to give users to opportunity to exit a survey when it pops up on the website, e.g. they can decide whether they want to take part or not on the welcome page of the survey. If have worked with JavaScript and come up with this script:
function endSurvey() {

$('input:hidden[name*="mandatory"]').val("");
  document.limesurvey.move.value = 'movesubmit';
  document.limesurvey.submit();
}

This first clears all mandatory fields in order to avoid limesurvey asking the user to fill in the questions before submitting it. This works beautifully but only once you have started the survey. I want to give users the opportunity to exit the survey directly on the welcome page.

I have tried using the {CLEARALL} keyword but this only deletes all answers but does not end the survey e.g. the field Completed? in the DB is still set to 'N'

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christoph
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Exit survey on Welcome page 3 years 1 month ago #63231

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
pchristoph wrote:
Hi,
I have tried using the {CLEARALL} keyword but this only deletes all answers but does not end the survey e.g. the field Completed? in the DB is still set to 'N'
A completed survey cannot be a survey which is quitted at the welcome page.

You could perhaps suppress the welcome page ( Show welcome screen? = no )
and recreate the welcome message on the first question page with the explicit question "Do you want to participate ..". With Yes No question you could then use quotas to exit the survey if no is pressed. With the quota URL you could then redirect the respondent to another site.

Aw: Exit survey on Welcome page 3 years 1 month ago #63233

• pchristoph
  • Fresh Lemon
jelo,

As always thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Where can I set the show welcome screen? = no? I have not found it in the survey settings. Can this be due to my older version?

Thanks,
Christoph

Re: Aw: Exit survey on Welcome page 3 years 1 month ago #63237

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
Yes, in the older versions you can just omit the welcome screen by a work around (I think a Javascript redirect). In the newest version there is an option in "general settings" >> "Presentation & Navigation" >> "Show welcome screen?"

However, what we usually do is to create a "recruitment layer" on the website, which is totally independent of Limesurvey. There we give them the chance to participate. Only when they click on "Yes" the survey will open in another window. In case of "no" we set a cookie for the survey not to appear anymore in future.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Aw: Exit survey on Welcome page 3 years 1 month ago #63342

• pchristoph
  • Fresh Lemon
holch,

Thanks for this simple tip, it works like charm!

Regards,
Christoph
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Donation Image