Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Randomise question order within a question group?

Randomise question order within a question group? 3 years 2 months ago #62966

• geejay76
  • Fresh Lemon
Have just started using LimeSurvey for a couple of small projects for work - am very impressed with the development and functionality of the program, it is also surprisingly user friendly as well.

Have just been puzzled by one thing so far, I was wondering whether it was possible to change the order of questions within a question group so that each new respondent will see the questions in a different order. For some of the questions that I use, this is something that comes up quite frequently, so it would be handy to know if it is possible without needing to copy and change surveys accordingly.

Thanks - and keep up the good work!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Randomise question order within a question group? 3 years 2 months ago #62976

• greg_d
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 7
You can use 'Randomization groups' functionality from advanced question settings to randomly change the order of questions. This gives you even more control over randomization because you don't have to randomize all questions in a group. For example you can random only 2 out of 5, then 3 will always stay in place. A bit more info here:

docs.limesurvey.org/Question+type+-+Shor...omization_group_name
The following user(s) said Thank You: geejay76

Re: Randomise question order within a question group? 3 years 2 months ago #63000

• geejay76
  • Fresh Lemon
thanks Greg - I'll give that a go.

cheers
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Donation Image