Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can survey remain anonymous and still use user-defined attribute fields ?

Can survey remain anonymous and still use user-defined attribute fields ? 3 years 2 months ago #62956

• guelphpeter
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone,

I have an application where user-defined attribute fields in the token table are used for condition checking to determine if a question should be displayed - works great !

However the survey still needs to be anonymous - it's for online elections and we don't want to associate the respondent's identifying information with their vote.

While I understand user-defined attributes are only available when the survey is non-anonymous I am asking if anyone has come up with a workaround to let you use user-defined attributes for conditions, while keeping the survey anonymous ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can survey remain anonymous and still use user-defined attribute fields ? 3 years 2 months ago #62971

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 815
guelphpeter wrote:
While I understand user-defined attributes are only available when the survey is non-anonymous I am asking if anyone has come up with a workaround to let you use user-defined attributes for conditions, while keeping the survey anonymous ?
I just explain why we can't use token attribute in anonymous survey.

If we can use toke attribute, then we can put some javascript, some conditionnal mandatory question who can identify the user. Then the survey are not anonymous.

For your problem, maybe you can have a look to prefilling some question with survey URL
docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...using_the_survey_URL

And after make your consition on this question.

Denis
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Donation Image