Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best way to invite survey participants without email?

Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62937

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
LimeSurvey will be implimented in a school envirnoment. Answers need to be associated with the user, so I think tokens will be required. LimeSurvey software will not be accessible outside of the school network. The surveyed students are young, many without email. The survey will likley be taken by students in the school's computer lab.

We are looking for a easy way for the students to start their survey. I feel a long link they have to enter to start the survey may get a bit confussing for some. What is the best approach to address this situaton?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62952

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
The easiest solution may be to create a non-LimeSurvey page with a form (a single text input) for the token to be entered. The form submission could redirect to the survey with the token appended to the URL.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62957

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
OK, thank you and what is the format of that url I would redirect to?
my.domain/limesurvey/index.php?SID=12345&Token=123456

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62959

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
create a non-LimeSurvey page with a form (a single text input) for the token to be entered. The form submission could redirect to the survey with the token appended to the URL.
The (html) way I use to compose an unknown URL using a global password (part of the URL) (see attached).
LimeSurvey software will not be accessible outside of the school network
Maybe a .htaccess file somewhere (your LS or your redirect folder)
with something like
deny from  all
allow from [school network IP/IP-block]
Attachments:
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Ben_V.

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62963

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
I was thinking a new php page where the students enter their name and maybe a short (school assigned) password stored as an additional attribute within the token table.

The php page would do a quick look up in the token table and if passwords match redirect them to the url for their survey.

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62985

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
Good idea... When it'll be working maybe can you share here some parts of such successful process or code ? ;)
Good luck
Ben.
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: Best way to invite survey participants without email? 3 years 3 weeks ago #62992

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
Will do but will be end of month.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Donation Image