Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: probs with "quick add" of subquestions to an array, format of *.lsq

probs with "quick add" of subquestions to an array, format of *.lsq 3 years 3 months ago #62877

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I'm having problems in setting up a long survey when pasting prewritten questions into the survey. The problem occurs when I try to paste rather long questions containing html and semicolons ( ; ) into the "quick add..." form of subquestions for arrays.

I thought this was a bug so I reported this to the bug tracker but it was closed by cschmitz and he suggested to ask in the forum, so i do.

To understand what I mean you can use the following html and try to paste it into the quick add form:
<p>This is a sample. It should explain my problem with long, html formatted text and the problems I have when pasting it into the &quot;quick add... &quot; form for subquestions of arrays.</p><p style="margin-left: 80px;"><tt>I need some special characters here as well, so I write &auml;&ouml;&uuml; and &szlig;, I write in <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">red</span>, <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">blue</span> and <span style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">green</span> and this pargraph uses a different style, too.</tt></p><p style="margin-left: 80px; text-align: right;">Finally I add another line to make it even longer.</p>

Importing pre-formatted questions (and subquestions) would be great if it was possible using the form. Another possibility would be to import them using a *.lsq or *.csv file, I do however not yet understand the required format of the *.lsq and *.csv files - anybody able to point me in a direction where I can find more information?

Thanks and best regards
Claudio

PS: I'd very much like to have a preview option for posting in this forum, less edits would be required...
... lost in brackets ...
(I suggest a preview option for posting in the forum)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by claudio123.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: probs with "quick add" of subquestions to an array, format of *.lsq 3 years 2 months ago #62945

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
The "Quick add" tool is to aid in adding multiple questions in text format. It is not an editor that can accept HTML.

You can insert HTML directly into the subquestion field or click the pencil to get a pop-up editor.

Capture_2011-07-03.JPG

The .lsq files are XML files. You can export a question, edit it in a plain-text editor like Notepad++ and then import it.

CSV is only used to import questions from older versions of LimeSurvey. There is no CSV export in 1.91.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: probs with "quick add" of subquestions to an array, format of *.lsq 3 years 2 months ago #63022

• claudio123
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Tony,

thank you for your reply.
I knew the possibility to insert html into the subquestions field, thanks, it does however ask for quite some clicking if you have many subquestions to paste. Using the quick-add might have been more elegant and faster, but as it looks it is not possible, if there are semicolons in the text to paste.

Uusing the .lsq files is also a bit flimsy, because of the kind of confusing length of the XML file. I do however begin to understand the inner structure of them.

Thanks and best regards

Claudio
... lost in brackets ...
(I suggest a preview option for posting in the forum)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image