Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Send survey more then once and compare results by user

Send survey more then once and compare results by user 3 years 3 months ago #62829

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
My goal is to create a survey and have people retake it later then compare the results to see what changed. We want to see if people improved or got worse, etc... I assume the reporting in LimeSurvey is not able to address that? What would be a good approach or tool?

I planed to close the survey to only users with tokens to take only once until months later we want them to be able to take it again (somehow?). I guess that is the first part of my question.

Assuming the above. If I wanted to write a report, what tables/fields would I need to be selecting from to get something like this:

Survey1 Round1 User1 Answer1=3 Answer2=4....
Survey1 Round2 User1 Answer1=4 Answer2=5....
Survey1 Round1 User2 Answer1=5 Answer2=1....
Survey1 Round2 User3 Answer1=6 Answer2=2....

Thank you in advance.
Scott
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Send survey more then once and compare results by user 3 years 3 months ago #62840

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
until months later we want them to be able to take it again (somehow?)
See iterate survey - docs.limesurvey.org/Iterate+Survey&struc...tions+for+LimeSurvey. But this will give you separate datasets for each iteration that would need to be merged in Excel or SPSS.

Alternatively you can allow multiple uses of tokens so respondents could submit multiple records it the same dataset. Then you could split the data by token or some other identifier.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Send survey more then once and compare results by user 3 years 3 months ago #62847

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
1) What do you mean by seperate datasets? Does LimeSurvey create new tables for each survey? If so, what common key can I use to compare / merge the the user between both datasets?

2) Is there a link to a documented data dictionary for LimeSurvey?

3) It does seem "iterate" does what is needed but does LimeSurvey have a survey comparison report? I'm thinking not but as long as you provide 1 & 2 (above); I should be OK.

Re: Send survey more then once and compare results by user 3 years 3 months ago #62850

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
Does LimeSurvey create new tables for each survey?
Yes, you will export all data and start with an empty table for each iteration.
...what common key can I use to compare / merge the the user between both datasets?
You can add a custom attribute to the tokens or even use the token itself as an identifier.
Is there a link to a documented data dictionary for LimeSurvey?
Not sure but check the dev wiki - docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...rectpage=Development
does LimeSurvey have a survey comparison report?
No.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Donation Image