Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Program of Surveys

Program of Surveys 3 years 4 months ago #62787

• blackryu
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Is it possible to assign a program of surveys within Limesurvey?

We are a Futher Education college and we are interested in having the ability to enrol a student on multiple surveys that we have already setup.

For example we would want every student to complete a pre-course expectations, an on-course survey, a end review and a destination survey. Ideally we would like to define a program that contains these surveys and upload a list of users and tokens to that program.

We could do this by having seperate surveys and manualy managing the tokens between each one, but I was hoping to reduce this admin overhead.

I am aware the Google summer of code project is a participants list, and on the face of it this might be similar to what we want. Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Program of Surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63077

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Not sure if this answers your question, but you can take the tokens from a survey, export them as CSV and import them back in a matter of minutes.

Or, if you have the exact same structure, you may want to try the "Import responses from a deactivated survey table" option

Re: Program of Surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63149

• blackryu
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi atiut

Thanks for the reply.

Using the token export does achieve what I was hoping to do, and gives me the option to manually manage the surveys.

I am not going to be the one managing the surveys, so I was hoping that I could have one token table for a program of surveys that would mean I wouldn't need to teach a non techie user how to export and import the token tables!

Thanks

Re: Program of Surveys: chain (sequence) of surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63213

• bebs
  • Senior Lime
Another option could be to "chain" the surveys themselves:

1) You manage the participants (and thus tokens) for the first survey only (pre-course expectations).

2) you change the email sent after completion of this survey to contain the url to the next (on-course survey), for which you don't activate tokens, and that you configure not to be publicly visible.

3) repeat step 2 for all next surveys in the list.

If you need to have non anonymous answers you may want to ask for identification informations (or the actual token) in text fied-like questions for the second survey onwards.

Re: Program of Surveys - save partial surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63215

• bebs
  • Senior Lime
Hello,

Another option could be to only make a single survey, with various sections and tell your respondant smthg like:

"the first section (pre-course exp) is now completed, please hit the button "save and continue later", and come back after 10th of October to complete the next section about your assessment of our course."

on the 10th of Oct. you can then use the mailing capabilities to send a reminder to everyone to get back on the platform to fill next section.

hope this helps.
Bebs.

Re: Program of Surveys - save partial surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63216

• blackryu
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi bebs,

Thats a couple of interesting ways of looking at this problem, I will certainly consider them.

The only issue I can think of just now is what that the save now feature allows the students to define their own password, which they quite possibly will forget come the later date.

This means that they would have to restart the entire program of surveys again if they couldn't remember the password, doesn't it?

Thanks

Re: Program of Surveys - save partial surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63241

• bebs
  • Senior Lime
blackryu wrote:
This means that they would have to restart the entire program of surveys again if they couldn't remember the password, doesn't it?

I think so, yes.

Nevertheless I personally get my password emailed (in clear) to me automatically when I hit the "come back later" button. It may be a matter of configuration, or LS version (I currently run 1.87+), but guess it should be enough.

If you need to be able to reset / resend the reload password from the admin interface you could fill-in a request in LS bug tracker (support tab)!

... and there's always the "not secure" option to suggest them to use their student number (or 3 first digits of passport) as password, to be sure not to forget it, in the same "end of section" message.

not secure but enough for me too as you'd need the combination of partial answer ID (SCID) & student ID to hack into another student's answers.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by bebs.

Re: Program of Surveys: chain (sequence) of surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63432

• JeffMVance
  • Fresh Lemon
Bebs,

Do you know of a way to do this and maintain participant ID numbers?

Re: Program of Surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63523

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
You can maybe try this:

set up a single survey with 3 sections, controlled by a single-answer question saying: "which section you need to take part in?" or similar.

Make sure that, in the survey settings, you allow the respondents to come back to a survey they have finished (it is possible)

Send reminders for wave 2 and 3, when time comes.

Re: Program of Surveys: chain (sequence) of surveys 3 years 4 months ago #63524

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
... you can keep the token-based approach and email them the tokens and keep this as a base for the next survey. Youa can program all surveys at the beginning.

However, i am not sure this would cover the automation needs that started this thread.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Donation Image