Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shorter/simpler version of Survey URL

Shorter/simpler version of Survey URL 2 years 9 months ago #62734

• mark
  • Senior Lime
I need to publish the Survey URL in a newspaper.
Is it possible to shorten/simplify the one that is automatically generated?
Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shorter/simpler version of Survey URL 2 years 9 months ago #62737

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
What you can do is create a script that redirects people towards the survey. Depending on your needs you can either do it with php (should you need to pass on variables, etc. - but probably not the case here, because there will be just one URL in the newspaper I guess) or via .htaccess file, where you redirect the short URL towards the real survey URL. But this needs to be done outside Limesurvey.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Shorter/simpler version of Survey URL 2 years 9 months ago #62739

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 193
The problem with short urls is that they are quiet impossible to remember...and if the newspaper is not yours or lost ...
Maybe better to look for a memo-technic friendly domain name... redirecting directly from its homepage to your survey... (if you already have a domain you can look for the same with another extension: .info, .net etc.)
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: Shorter/simpler version of Survey URL 2 years 9 months ago #62741

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
I was also not referring to those URL shorteners. I agree with Benitov that those are not ideal for the newspaper.

But I had the impression that you are more after something like supersurvey.yourdomain.tld or www.yourdomain.tld/supersurvey/, when you refer to short URL, right?

With the prices for domains you could even think about registering a whole new URL for your survey, but you might loose the branding effect...
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image