Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Output: Each Question's Answer in a Separate Row for Choice Experiment

Output: Each Question's Answer in a Separate Row for Choice Experiment 3 years 2 months ago #62587

• tim2004
  • Fresh Lemon
I am trying to use LimeSurvey for a discrete choice experiment.

To run the stats on this, we ultimately need the results to be on a line per option basis. (Rather than each row being a respondent, each row should be an option or question.)

I have not seen anything in LimeSurvey indicating this can be done, so it seems likely our best bet is to get standard output for all questions on a row and parse this with Python or similar.

So, is it possible to have new row in the output created per question, rather than respondent?
Any suggestions on parsing standard output in software (SPSS, a spreadsheet, etc) into separate rows for each question with standard information repeated for each respondent.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by tim2004.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Output: Each Question's Answer in a Separate Row for Choice Experiment 3 years 2 months ago #62595

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
IN OO Calc (and LibreOffice Calc and ....)

You can copy paste with transpose (google translate of transposer in french)

:)

Re: Output: Each Question's Answer in a Separate Row for Choice Experiment 3 years 2 months ago #62617

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 765
I think Shnoulle has the only solution - transpose the data in Excel or Calc. I don't think you can do it in SPSS. A few years ago I had a customer with data in that format and couldn't use SPSS for analysis.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Output: Each Question's Answer in a Separate Row for Choice Experiment 3 years 2 months ago #62636

• tim2004
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you both.
The transpose function in spreadsheets will work as a manual solution, though I think it will be easier to script something to do this in PHP or Python automatically.
Any further suggestions welcome!

Is this the sort of thing for which a plug-in or such could be developed? Might be interested in working on this, but in reality offering some scripts for processing the data afterwards seems more practical.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by tim2004.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Donation Image