Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Straight to a certain survey?

Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62364

• laptopleon
  • Fresh Lemon
I installed LimeSurvey for the first time a few days ago and have been doing some try-outs! :) So far it seems very powerful, although I had to learn my way around a bit.

Even used a regular expression here and there.

For a local voting event, I'd like to create a voting site and keep it as simple as possible. 'KISS' style. Since there is only one survey and everybody uses the same language, I'd like to skip the first page. However, I don't know how to do this. I dare not to change the .htaccess file.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by laptopleon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62365

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
Hi
If you are using LS +1.91 you can set the survey as wanted in general preferences (of your survey)
If you are using a previous version read this:

docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...ing_the_welcome_page

Ben
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ben_V.

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62368

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
I forget the most obvious thing:
the 3 presentation options setting the survey navigation: question by question/group by group/all in all (one page)
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62390

• laptopleon
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks. I already used the 'all on one page' option and had switched of some texts so it's less cluttered. That helps, but it doesn't prevent the 'start page'.

I had LS installed in the (home) /. dir first, but had trouble with the mail function and updating to LS +1.91 so I tried updating by hand.. big failure so I reinstalled via plesk installatron, this time in a /limesurvey dir.

So now I have to link from the /. index to the survey anyway.. I can skip the LS start page by linking to the survey directly. The jQuery trick you mention of course doesn't work outside de LS pages.

(Maybe a bit out of the scope but..) Still, I'd like to adjust the .htaccess of the /. so it loads or redirects to /limesurvey/survey.php directly, but this seems impossible?
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by laptopleon.

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62394

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
The trick (which submit a form automatically) works in any case not only for LS page but it needs a form tag (no form=no submit action)
You can use it like a usefull 'special' redirect and even GG still index the page and doesn't see or punish it (for the moment) ! ;)
<form method="get" action="http://yourURL.com" name="x">

If you want redirect from / to /index.php?sid=123, (and if you only get 1 survey in your instalation) the best way is maybe to put a basic redirect, using javascript or <meta http-equiv="refresh" > into the surveylist.pstpl files of the template you choose as default theme (it could be a standard one or a custom one).

Try it
Ben
Benoît

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62399

• laptopleon
  • Fresh Lemon
As a webdesigner, I try to avoid HTML and other redirects, because GG usually doesn't like it, but in this case I think this is less important.

The example jQuery doesn't work, shouldn't I first link to a jQuery library or something?
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(
    function(){
        alert('onload alert!');
    }
);
</script>

BTW just to be sure: The sid=67157 in www.herindelingoostflakkeenee.nl/limesurvey/index.php?sid=67157 means: survey identification, right? It has nothing to do with which user is filling out the forms, does it?

They don't have mail addresses of all the people in the community so they just want to do a big, public poll on a hot politic item, without using tokens.

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62401

• greg_d
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 7
means: survey identification, right?
Right!
It has nothing to do with which user is filling out the forms, does it?
It has nothing to do with any user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: laptopleon

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62421

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
LS is natively linked to jQuery library (and couldn't work without...)

By the way, a meta refresh tag works in any situation...
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://.herindelingoostflakkeenee.nl/limesurvey/index.php?sid=67157"
Benoît

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 1 month ago #62423

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 739
By the way, a meta refresh tag works in any situation...
Yep, and you should be able to place it in the startpage.pstpl file of your template and so be "update proof".
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Straight to a certain survey? 3 years 4 weeks ago #62540

• laptopleon
  • Fresh Lemon
Like I said, I try to avoid the usual page refresh code like meta tags and html refresh, but thanks for thinking with me.

Unfortunately, the original purpose of the poll seems to be already decided for by the powers that be, so for my client this site has probably probably become obsolete.

Oh well, maybe it will be useful for a next project!

Thanks all
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Donation Image