TOPIC: how to change privacy text please

how to change privacy text please 3 years 2 months ago #62345

• libman
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm new to Lime Survey - Beautiful!

Can someone clarify where to change the following privacy text:

"A note on privacy
This survey is anonymous.
The record kept of your survey responses does not contain any identifying information about you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or haven't) completed this survey. There is no way of matching identification tokens with survey responses in this survey."

In fact where can I change any of the text.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Libman
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by libman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how to change privacy text please 3 years 2 months ago #62348

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
You'll find this text in the language files.

You basically need to "translate" the text. Have a look at the manual on how to translate texts in Limesurvey.

Off course you are not actually translating, but it is the same procedure.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: how to change privacy text please 3 years 2 months ago #62356

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 236
HI
the file you have to edit for english : /locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/en.po
(translation area is blank in case of english language files because LS is set with english as default language)
translation guidelines available here

I make you a screenshot using poedit:
poedit.gif

The other way to do what you want is hiding the original privacy message using CSS
( .theprivacyclass{display:none} ) and after inserting your own statement, for example into the welcome message textarea, in the footer or wherever you want (or can).

Ben
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Ben_V.

Re: how to change privacy text please 3 years 2 months ago #62358

• libman
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Ben. I did do more reading and learned about the po editor and downloaded it. I took your later tactic, created a new template from the basic template, removed the variable for the privacy message and put in my own. I think I am going to stay away from the po files unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks,
Libman
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image