Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Compiling a personal information profile

Compiling a personal information profile 3 years 4 months ago #61963

• tgc
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm new to LimeSurvey, and I've a project that I wonder if LimeSurvey could cope with. It's not exactly a survey, more an application which allows users to build up and store a dossier of personal information. This specific project would allow a parent with a disabled child to build up a detailed picture of that child's needs, for use in case the parent dies or is taken ill.

Users would be able to choose which question groups to complete, and would be able to store the data and come back to it later to complete more sections or to amend the previously entered data. I know LimeSurvey can allow users to come back to an incomplete survey, but I'm not sure if there's a way to re-open a completed survey and change the answers.

Ideally, users would be able to complete sections in whatever order they choose (picking from a menu?). Is that possible?

Only the individual users need to have access to their data, and it's important that their data should be secure.

Finally, I'd like a question type which allows as many answers as are needed. So eg "Names of siblings" would allow you to give as many names as are required. Is it possible to do this (other than by adding a large number of single answer questions)?

I'd very very glad of thoughts on whether this would be easily achievable using LimeSurvey. Thanks!
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by tgc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Compiling a personal information profile 3 years 4 months ago #61977

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 802
I don't know if LimeSurvey is the best tool. I don't think you will be able to let users return to completed "surveys" and update the data.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image