Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Collating answers and summarising feedback based on answer types

Collating answers and summarising feedback based on answer types 2 years 10 months ago #61212

• Helenmd
  • Junior Lime
Hi,

A member of staff has asked me if it is possible to set a series of questions and, based on the answers given, give them different feedback.

For example, if we had 5 questions in the survey, all with yes/no answers, then would LimeSurvey realise that most of my answers were yes, and provide me with the appropriate feedback?

I realise that I can provide feedback depending on conditions, but I guess what I'm not sure about is whether LimeSurvey can check the answers and add them up?

Many thanks in advance

Helen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Collating answers and summarising feedback based on answer types 2 years 10 months ago #61214

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
You could use the assessment feature for this. Just say "yes" is 1 and "no" is 0. Then you get the sum and with this sum you should be able to work.

What I don't know is though, if you can use the assessment value in conditions. Maybe someone else can help here.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Collating answers and summarising feedback based on answer types 2 years 10 months ago #61256

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Yes, as Holch points out, you can use assessments to display an end message, or use a little JavaScript and {assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL} to display messages during the survey.

assessment values cannot be directly used in conditions but, again with a little JS, can be used to set hidden question(s) which could be used for conditions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Donation Image