Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions

Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61055

• andrewteg
  • Fresh Lemon
I would like to add a page after all my questions that shows the answers and hopefully highlights any non-mandatory questions that were skipped so the takers realize they skipped some questions before they submit the responses. Is this possible?

Also, I have "list with comment" questions but if they choose something and do not fill in a comment the "question index / allow jumping" feature marks it as not answered but I want it marked as answered. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Andrew
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61061

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 829
1) You can use {INSERTANS} to display answers to previous questions - docs.limesurvey.org/Adding+a+question&hi...rom_previous_answers

2) I'm afraid I don't understand "the "question index / allow jumping" feature marks it as not answered". Could you please elaborate or provide a screenshot?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewteg

Re: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61062

• andrewteg
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Tony.

1) I can certainly use this and probably will. Somewhat related do you know when the printable results link is supposed to come up? I could not find how to get to that page after taking a survey.

2) I attached a screenshot of a question but basically I answer it (pick a radio button), click Next, and then click Previous and it says it is not complete (in red with missing class) because I did not fill out a comment. It is a list with comment question type and I'd like to have it marked as complete once the user picks a radio button. (Since the question is marked as incomplete the section is in the Question Index feature as well which is what I referenced originally but I hope it's clearer to see on a specific question)

Thanks again for your help!
Andrew
Attachments:

Re: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61110

• andrewteg
  • Fresh Lemon
FYI, I have found some solutions browsing around.

1) I like the idea at ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/225 as the review/print ability is needed before submission on certain questionnaires. For now I found www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-featu...e-submitting-answers asking what I want so I guess using {INSERTANS} on a boilerplate at the end is the best solution to date, but that's disappointing as you cannot reuse question text with that method.

2) I have found the solution by editing the common_function bCheckQuestionForAnswer as follows for anyone interested:
/**
 * Check if a question was (at least partially) answered in the current session.
 * @param integer $q - Question id
 * @param array $aFieldnamesInfoInv - Inverted fieldnamesInfo
 */
function bCheckQuestionForAnswer($q, $aFieldnamesInfoInv)
{
	//echo "TYPE=".$_SESSION['fieldmap'][$aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q][0]]['type']."|";
    if(@$_SESSION['fieldmap'][$aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q][0]]['type'] != 'M' && @$_SESSION['fieldmap'][$aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q][0]]['type'] != 'O')
    {
        // all answers required
        $bAnsw = true;
        foreach($aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q] as $sField)
        {
            if(!isset($_SESSION[$sField]) || trim($_SESSION[$sField])=='')
            {
                $bAnsw = false;
                break;
            }
        }
    } elseif (@$_SESSION['fieldmap'][$aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q][0]]['type'] == 'O') {
		// list with comment, just list is required
		//echo "<PRE>"; print_r($aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q]); echo "</PRE>";
        $bAnsw = false;
        foreach($aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q] as $sField) {
            if(!strstr($sField, 'comment') && isset($_SESSION[$sField]) && trim($_SESSION[$sField])!='') {
                $bAnsw = true;
                break;
            }
        }
    } else {
        // multiple choice, just one answer is required
        $bAnsw = false;
        foreach($aFieldnamesInfoInv[$q] as $sField)
        {
            if(isset($_SESSION[$sField]) && trim($_SESSION[$sField])!='')
            {
                $bAnsw = true;
                break;
            }
        }
	}
    return $bAnsw;
}

Thanks for the help all, and please let me know if anyone finds an easier way to have a review screen before submission!

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61111

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 829
Andrew, regarding item 2 - in my opinion, this is a bug. When setting the question to mandatory, the textarea is not required so I don't think it should be required for the "question index / allow jumping" feature.

Could you please file a bug report and include your description, screenshot and fix?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Confirm Results/Unanswered Questions 3 years 6 months ago #61112

• andrewteg
  • Fresh Lemon
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Donation Image