Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How can I move the questions to the template?

How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60321

• souihla
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi all,

Need some help - new to LimeSurvey ;-)

How can I move questions to a template?

I want the users to use the template and not to create new questions in a survey. Is this possible?

Thanks for a quick feedback & regards,
souihla
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60323

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 386
There is no "template" system for questionnaires, only for the graphical layout.

The only way that I see this would work would be making a copy of a current survey that you use as a template.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60325

• souihla
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi holch,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, this is what I also thought.

Now the template-survey i would use must be activated, oterwise it wouldn't be listed for the users to create a survey.

By activating (and listing) it, it could be executed, even if it is only a template...

=> My goal is to define a template for a recurring survey, where editors (users) only need to adjust title and some meta data and then send the url to customers to complete the survey. I do not want the users to create a new survey or to edit the survey-template more than needful.

=> Is there a possibility / another way to handle this, maybe with some security settings?

Thanks & regards,
souihla

Re: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60330

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
No, the survey does not need to be activated to be seen by users (need to be logged into Limesurvey though).

You can also copy a survey that is not activated, you just need to give access to it to each and every limesurvey user that should be able to copy it.

When they create a new survey, they can choose the template survey and copy it. Then they adapt the necessary parts and the new survey is ready.

Or did I not understand you right?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60362

• souihla
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

OK, great, i have given the necessary rights, this is cool!

Now it is possible for the user to create a new survey fron scratch or to copy the template-survey and then adjust it.

Is it possible to restrict this for the user to have to use the template and not being able to create a very new survey?

Is it maybe also possible to only be able for the user to adjust title, description etc., but not to be ablte to edit the questions?

This will be my last question this month ;-)

Thanks!

Re: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60386

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
The rights management within Limesurvey is relatively basic, so I think you can't restrict those things, so you have to establish some rules and create an "ambience of fear", so they won't go against the rules. ;-)

It helps if you are really big and strong. Hehehe.

Aw: How can I move the questions to the template? 3 years 7 months ago #60425

• souihla
  • Fresh Lemon
... I guess I am ;-)

Thanks & Regards,
souihla
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image