Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Full question or short heading in export result page

Full question or short heading in export result page 2 years 11 months ago #60301

• Samba
  • Junior Lime
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way where i can have the text inputs displayed in the statistics page?

Also is there any way to have question Full headings or Abbreviated headings in the Export results page instead of having question codes/ids in the choose coloums section?

As there are a lot of questions, while exporting, it is difficult to know which questions are getting exported as we need to export data for different questions at different times.

If these features are not yet available, may be these can be useful additions to the upcoming versions

Regards,
Samba
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Samba.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Full question or short heading in export result page 2 years 11 months ago #60303

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
The answers to the open ended questions are not included in the statistics page for a simple reason: In the area of market research we have the obligation to keep personal information of the respondents confidential (Name, address, telefon number, etc) for data protection reasons.

However, some people like to include their full name, address, story of their life, etc. in the open ended questions. So if those answers are published without prior revision you might go already against the ESOMAR guide of conduct, which everyone in the area should follow.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Full question or short heading in export result page 2 years 11 months ago #60304

• Samba
  • Junior Lime
Ok, thanks for the quick reply,

In that case would it be possible to have something like a predictive text plugin fo questions like state? as those will be predefined and hopefully dont go against any such ESOMAR guidelines?

If yes, where do i insery the code? because all we really need is to find out the states and cities that our respondents are from.

Also can you help me with the 2nd query that i had..
Also is there any way to have question Full headings or Abbreviated headings in the Export results page instead of having question codes/ids in the choose coloums section?

As there are a lot of questions, while exporting, it is difficult to know which questions are getting exported as we need to export data for different questions at different times.

Regards,
Samba

Re: Full question or short heading in export result page 2 years 11 months ago #60306

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Sorry, no idea about the second query.

But there was a question this week about a state & city question and as far as I remember the user found a solution for it. I think he used the autofill jquery plugin for it. Have a look in the forum.

There are also other solutions described.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Donation Image