Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some questions about LimeSurvey...

Some questions about LimeSurvey... 3 years 4 months ago #60184

• Wordfruit
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm interested in using the LimeSurvey tool on wordfruit.com

I have 4 questions:

1:

I would want my web developer to change the look of the survey tool so it is in the same style as the Wordfruit site. With this requirement, I'm not sure if it would be just as easy for my developer to create a survey from scratch...?

2:

On the Wordfruit site, I have a Meebo bar. Is it possible to incorporate a survey into this Meebo bar?

For example, so that there is a button on the Meebo bar that opens up the survey...?

If this is possible, how is this done?

3:

If it is possible to put a survey button on my Meebo bar, would the survey then appear in a popup?

4:

I would like the survey in a popup or something like this, so the user is not taken away from my homepage. But if possible, I would also like to be able to send people a url which goes direct to the survey.

Is it possible to do this: so the survey appears in something like a popup or a 'screen' over the webpage, but so that there is also a url direct to the survey?

Thanks, Richard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about LimeSurvey... 3 years 4 months ago #60192

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
To 1.:
If the survey is short, simple and will never change your webdesigner might be quicker to develop a form from scratch. I don't know. However, should you plan to run more than one survey, make changes to the survey over time, need a little more than just a form to put data in, it is probably faster and easier for your webdeveloper to develop a template for Limesurvey. You could also ask some of the users here that offer paide template developing (like Mazi) for a quote. I assume that he will be able to do it quicker than your webdeveloper, because he knows how limesurvey works and has created many templates before. Or they join forces...

To 2.: NO idea what a Meebo bar is, but will have a look on your site.

To 3.: It is your responsibility to open the survey in a pop-up. Your webdeveloper should know how to open a website (like the survey) in a pop-up via Javascript. How this works on a Meebo-Bar? No idea, see above...

To 4.: At the end of the day a Limesurvey questionnaire is just like any other webpage. You'll have a link that you can send via email and it will open in a browser window just like any other link. Then you can put a link to the survey on your website and it will open the same way, or you can use Javascript to force the survey to open in a pop-up window. you could even open up a layer with a iframe above your original website, just like those galleries with a darkend out website below.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wordfruit
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image