Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to generate different conditions/surveys automatically to the public

How to generate different conditions/surveys automatically to the public 2 years 11 months ago #60101

• helm
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everyone,

This is my first shot at building a survey with limesurvey and I read through pages and pages of FAQ's and Tutorials, yet I'm still stranded with what seems to be a simple question.

First, let me outline the design of my research:

I have three conditions, let's call them NEUTRAL, HIGH and HIGHER.
for each condition I have the same questions, yet one very important question differs for each condition: the picture is different for each condition (thus, the question has to be different for each condition, am I right?) let's name those questions/pictures ONE, TWO and THREE

Now here's my question:

How do I design my survey as so 30 respondents can fill in the questions but 10 automatically see picture ONE for NEUTRAL, 10 see picture TWO for HIGH and 10 see picture THREE for HIGHER. The conditions have to be equally devided over the sample group, so far my sample is just 30 people.

IS THIS POSSIBLE? :)

If not, I'll have to design 3 surveys and randomly send 1 out of 3 to one of my respondents with a token, but I'd like my survey to be OPEN so my respondents can forward the URL to others. That's why I need to know if it's possible to automatically devide the conditions over a sample group.

Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by helm. Reason: typo, sorry guys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to generate different conditions/surveys automatically to the public 2 years 11 months ago #60104

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
There is now real way to accurately count the previous responses - several people may take the survey at the same time.

How about using JavaScript to populate a hidden question with a random number between 1 and 3. This question could then be used to display one of the "conditions".

This won't give you exactly a third for each condition but, as the sample size grows, it will approach it.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: How to generate different conditions/surveys automatically to the public 2 years 11 months ago #60106

• helm
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you tpartner for your response.

I don't quite get the sollution you are suggesting, though. I am afraid I never really worked with JavaScript before, but I will try and fiddle with limesurvey to get it working.

thanks
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Donation Image