Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted.

Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted. 3 years 7 months ago #59884

• nobrain
  • Fresh Lemon
I know this may seem strange but I need a particular feature which I figure must me somewhere in LimeSurvey. It is simply this -- to NOT create a DB entry (in the survey table) until a survey is successfully completed.

I have the save option off but I notice even if a survey is submitted with only the most basic information (with much *REQUIRED data missing) it still creates a "incomplete" entry in LimeSurvey. Is there a way to shut-off storage of incomplete surveys? I have an external program that accesses the LS database and does stuff with new entries but partial entries are throwing it off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted. 3 years 7 months ago #59897

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 826
I don't think that's possible.

LimeSurvey needs to create a submit ID and store the data from the start of a submission to handle things like conditions, {INSERTANS}, assessments, etc.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image