Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months

create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months 2 years 11 months ago #59756

• bdoran
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi I would like to create a survey that users can keep going back too over say 6 months and towards the end of the year allow submissions to be made.

The information we are aiming to collect is data over a year period, rather than try and get this all at once (they is allot for some to input) can we have a survey open all year and participants can log in when they have more information to add?

Not sure if we have a submission button it means users can’t get back in etc and was wonder if there is a workable way around this?

Cheers,

Brendan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months 2 years 11 months ago #59770

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Can't you just use the "Participant may save and resume later?" option?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bdoran

Re: create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months 2 years 11 months ago #59778

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
The "resume later" option could work here.

But honestly, I would go for a different approach, but this also depends a lot on what you are actually trying to set up.

I would give each of them an ID, create various surveys and send those surveys out to them when it is about time to fill the next part. I think a lot of people forget about the survey, lose the link, etc. So you'll have to sent a reminder anyway. With the ID you can later join results for analysis purposes.

This has also a psychological aspect: people like it when they managed to finish something. So it is generally better to have several short surveys over time than one big one. Another advantage is that you have already finalized results for the first surveys and could start analysis based on this and eventually adapt the following surveys accordingly.

However, as I said, if this is a solution for you depends of course very much on what you pretend to do.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bdoran

Re: create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months 2 years 10 months ago #61704

• bdoran
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes but each question is added to throughout the year rather than sections complete at different times. Do you no if it possiable to have a 'forgot password' option with the resume later tool?

Thanks for all your help,

Brendan

Aw: Re: create a survey that users can keep going back too over 6 months 2 years 10 months ago #61722

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
bdoran wrote:
Do you no if it possiable to have a 'forgot password' option with the resume later tool?
Such a feature doesn't exist yet.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image