Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

fill ranking array with answers from previous question

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 6 months ago #66034 by Mazi
You could either switch to group-by-group or all-in-one survey mode or add another line of JS code if you are using question-by-question format. That code could click the "next" button so the hidden question would be skipped automatically.

See docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...ing_the_welcome_page for example.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 6 months ago #66057 by stigchelg
Hmm, ok I tried this and it does work as describe only that page flash is a bit strange even with a fake loading text. Surely there is a more elegant solution.

This may be the stupid question of the week, but why can't I just route past these questions? When question 3 has been answers, skip straight to question 5.

Oh and even though the construct works now, I'm still having trouble. I can only get it to prefill from a question on the same page. When I change it with the ID of the question on the previous page and add ", 1" to the small script, It doesn't work.
  • Mazi
More
12 years 6 months ago #66072 by Mazi

stigchelg wrote: Oh and even though the construct works now, I'm still having trouble. I can only get it to prefill from a question on the same page. When I change it with the ID of the question on the previous page and add ", 1" to the small script, It doesn't work.

Javascript reads out the information from the source code (DOM objects) of the currently displayed page. Therefore you can only access items which are listed on the same page.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 6 months ago #66094 by tpartner
This should help get rid of the flash.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

$(document).ready(function() {

$('body').hide();
    $('form#limesurvey').submit(); 
  });

</script>

But if you use this workaround and are allowing the "Previous" button, you may need to add a script to the following page so that if the "Previous" button is clicked the hidden question group is also skipped.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
12 years 6 months ago #66299 by stigchelg
Ok, after a weekend of testing and cursing. I am satisfied with the result. I have moved on to the next project in line which is a multiple numerical with slider lay-out. How can I filter this type of question? It also does not have the filter array option.

BTW Tpartner. Are you in anyway affiliated with Limesurvey?
  • tpartner
More
12 years 5 months ago #66357 by tpartner

...which is a multiple numerical with slider lay-out. How can I filter this type of question?

I think I already answered that - www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...art=30&lang=en#59877

I'm only affiliated as a volunteer on the development team.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
12 years 5 months ago #66627 by stigchelg
I've tried this workaround, but I don't see how it pertains to my problem. I may be missing the point entirely, but how does this add a filter array to a multiple numerical question?

I'll just ago ahead and make a donation then. If it doesn't benefit your directly, it'll do some good somewhere in the development I guess :).
  • tpartner
More
12 years 5 months ago #66643 by tpartner
That script is to filter a multiple numeric question with a hidden multiple options question.

Thanks for the donation, it will go towards server costs, etc. to keep the software and support free.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
12 years 5 months ago #66656 by stigchelg
Rightio. And I just copy that script you linked to into the multiple numeric and fill in the appropriate questions?

Cause I did that and it's not filtering. I wonder what I keep doing wrong.
More
12 years 3 months ago #70791 by hmoore1024
I've read through all of this and several other threads on the topic and I'm still a little confused. I am absolutely not a js person in any way, but I can copy and paste pretty well. ;)

My problem is a little different from what I'm seeing here - I'm trying to pull answers that were selected in one array into a second array.

So Q1 is a list of options with 3 possible answers.
Q2 should only display options that received answer "a" or answer "b" and filter out any options that received answer "c".

I think I understand the basic logistics involved here, I just am not sure if pulling to a ranked array or pulling to a labelled array makes any difference and how to differentiate the answers A/B/C for each of the options using a multiple choice question.

To further complicate things we just upgraded from 1.85 or so 1.90 and it's a learning experience!
  • tpartner
More
12 years 3 months ago #70794 by tpartner
Are Q1 and Q2 on the same page?

Are you using group-by-group mode so you can insert a hidden question?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
12 years 3 months ago #70796 by hmoore1024
I have them on different pages, assuming that the answers for Q1 would need to "submit" before being able to be read for Q2.

They're presented group by group and read through the instructions for hidden questions - I just wasn't sure how that would work for an array where I'm looking to pull options with specific responses forward.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose