Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays

Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays 3 years 8 months ago #58608

• jcbureau
  • Fresh Lemon
I apologize if the question is stupid but I have not found any topic about it: In a long (multilingual) survey, I could easily use the print function to get pdf versions(useful to check translations). Until in introduced some dropdowns in both dual arrays and lists. Then I have not been able to print anything anymore. Have you ever come up with the same problem? Again, sorry for this beginner's question.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays 3 years 8 months ago #58671

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
1. Which Limesurvey version are we talking about?

2. Can you explain the problem in more detail? Are there any error messages?

3. Can you easily reproduce the problem, e.g. always when adding a certain question type a feature is broken?

4. Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

Are there any additional errors reported on top of the page?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays 3 years 8 months ago #58809

• jcbureau
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your help

1- I am using LimeService, it says it is the 1.90+.

2- There is not really much to explain : I have a large bilingual survey. It worked fine. And at some point, the "print" function stopped working. There is no error message, it just leads to a blank page (i.e. the URL corresponding to myname.limequery.com/admin/admin.php?act...=surveynumer&lang=en goes nowhere).

3- You are right, I need to do more research. Actually, I created a new, much shorter survey, with dual arrays with dropdownlists, and it prints like a baby. So my diagnostic was wrong, it was not the introduction of the dropdown lists. Must be something else.

It could be because I have two questions with a very large number (16) of scenarios in setting conditions for these questions to pop out (the questions are very targeted and depend on the responses in a previous dual array). The conditions works fine but I noticed that, when I export the survey (.lss) and re-import it, the questions always appear, I have to reset the conditions manually. Which is weird. It could be the same reason that prevents the printing since it happened roughly at the same time. I have not seen anywhere that there is a maximum number of conditions in the condition designer, though.

4- There is no error reported. And data integrity check is fine. Regarding the config.php: sorry, I don't even know where to find this file.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jcbureau.

Re: Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays 3 years 8 months ago #58810

• jcbureau
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, this is what I thought: the problem seems to be that a large number of conditions on one particular question creates two problems:

- the conditions are not saved when one exports the survey
- the print function does not work. It works fine when I remove these conditions.

Maybe it was something everyone knew but me ....

Thanks

Re: Printable version and dropdowns in lists and arrays 3 years 7 months ago #59095

• jcbureau
  • Fresh Lemon
The diagnostic was bad: it is not the dropdown questions that creates the trouble: it is the conditions on responses generated by a dual array. This creates two problems: impossible to print the survey structure. And refusal to export these conditions in the .lss file.

Dual arrays are the problem. This is addressed somewhere else in the forum. Sorry for the erroneous topic caused by a bad analysis of the problem.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Donation Image