Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reference a Label Set in a Question (instead of copying the Label Set)

Reference a Label Set in a Question (instead of copying the Label Set) 3 years 7 months ago #58426

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
This is probably in the feature request section, but figured I'd add it here in case I'm missing something.

I'd like my questions to reference a label set, rather than simply copying the label set over for each question, and then if the label set changes, I have to re-copy it.

For example, if I have a quesstion "What musical instruments do you play?" and another one that is "What ones would you like to play?", and just before the activating the survey I realize I've forgotten the oboe and need to go back and add it, I now have to add it in 3 places -- the label set, and both questions.

I'd like to simply add it to the label set, knowing that the question will use that label set, not a copy of it which could become outdated.

I'm guessing that's not possible without adding another column to the question table, ls_id (like gid), unless it's in attributes somewhere and I just don't see it.

Thx,

Tac
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reference a Label Set in a Question (instead of copying the Label Set) 3 years 7 months ago #58432

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 855
tacman1123 wrote:
I'd like to simply add it to the label set, knowing that the question will use that label set, not a copy of it which could become outdated.
In version 1.87, it work like this, but there are a lot of people who asking the label set was a "copy" of existing label set.

Yes, maybe we can have 2 different label set system, but i think it's a hard work to do.

You can have a look at ideas.limesurvey.org/

Re: Reference a Label Set in a Question (instead of copying the Label Set) 3 years 7 months ago #58436

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
Would it be that difficult? If the ls_id was set in the questions table, it could use the appropriate label set answers, otherwise it would use the "custom" answer. But if there's no customization to be done, it'd be better to just link.

Anyway, I'm sure it's somewhat of a pain to do, so perhaps this one should wait until 2.0.

Thanks!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image