Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can i do the survey with tabs based on group questions?

can i do the survey with tabs based on group questions? 3 years 4 months ago #57954

• dsp77
  • Fresh Lemon
hello,

I need to make a survey with 4 group questions. Here is the structure i need to implement: the first group will be asking for general info like name location etc, after the user finishes with the first group he will see 3 tabs (with the groups) to choose from.
Note:There are no relations between questions or mandatory ones.

Anybody had a similar task to do or any ideas how this can be implemented?

Best Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: can i do the survey with tabs based on group questions? 3 years 4 months ago #57965

• JoyLaneResearch
dap77,

Let's see if I understand what you're trying to do. Your survey takers don't have to complete all groups, just the ones they want to, right?

If so, one way to do this is to present a multiple options question at the end of Group 1 asking them to select which of the three remaining groups they would like to complete. We'll call this question the branching question.

Then you can create conditions for each question in Group 2 to ask only if Group 2 was selected in the branching question.

You can create conditions for each question in Group 3 to ask only if Group 3 was selected in the branching question.

And you can create conditions for each question in Group 4 to ask only if Group 4 was selected in the branching question.

Does that help?

-Mike-

Re: can i do the survey with tabs based on group questions? 3 years 4 months ago #57967

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
I think JoyLane's solution is a good out of the box one. With Javascript and CSS you could also create the "tabs" you want. But this is for sure some work. You would have to create different groups and wrap a DIV around it. Then you can position them as you want and hide them and show them. But this will be quite some work with the template, CSS and Javascript.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: can i do the survey with tabs based on group questions? 3 years 4 months ago #57999

• dsp77
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you it worked with conditions.

best regards
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image