Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL

Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 3 years 5 months ago #57693

• rptgeek
  • Fresh Lemon
I've been searching but can't seem to find if this is possible. I was thinking about using tokens but wanted to see if there was any better way to do this.

Basically, we would like to give out a link with a unique ID imbeded within the URL.

If someone clicks on the link and fills out the survey I would like the unique ID saved as part of the survey.

Maybe tokens are the way to go, but I expect a pretty low response rate and didn't know if having 50K-75K tokens not being used in the database would slow things down?

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 3 years 5 months ago #57712

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
rptgeek wrote:
Maybe tokens are the way to go, but I expect a pretty low response rate and didn't know if having 50K-75K tokens not being used in the database would slow things down?

Any ideas?
I think it's goood, it's only a SELECT sql statment, no complicated SQL .

But it can depend of your server.

Re: Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 3 years 5 months ago #57728

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 763
You can prefill a question using the URL - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Surve...using_the_survey_URL.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rptgeek

Re: Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 3 years 5 months ago #57760

• rptgeek
  • Fresh Lemon
Excellent! this is just what I was looking for. Thank you! Rep'd
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image