Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Timeouts while sending invites & remiders

Timeouts while sending invites & remiders 3 years 8 months ago #57584

• Anurag
  • Junior Lime
Hello,

I've been using LS since a long, and it has been a wonderful experience. I love the way how LS manages various email types (invites, reminders), and the customization that comes along with it.

But there's an irritating problem I face while sending invites/reminders to large number of participants. After having sent around 150 emails, LS times out, and a blank page is displayed. This is when sending out invites/reminders from the Token Management page.

While in case of invites, when we get the blank page and again start sending invites, it starts from the record where it had stopped. But in case do reminders, if we click on the "Send Reminder" button it will start sending from the first record.

I was wondering if someone else was facing the same problem. Also hoping to get a solution for this weird problem.

FYI: My installation of LS is done on a Windows Server, utilizing MSSQL as DBMS and MS Exchange as a the SMTP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Timeouts while sending invites & remiders 3 years 8 months ago #57586

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Anurag wrote:
While in case of invites, when we get the blank page and again start sending invites, it starts from the record where it had stopped. But in case do reminders, if we click on the "Send Reminder" button it will start sending from the first record.
I think you can use minimal delay between reminder to avoid this problem.
FYI: My installation of LS is done on a Windows Server, utilizing MSSQL as DBMS and MS Exchange as a the SMTP.
I think , but i can't be sure without access on your server, the smtp server are overcharged after 150 mail, then he stop to answer at web server, then web server say 'time out'.

Maybe wait 2/3 minutes betwwen each 50 sending do the trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anurag

Re: Timeouts while sending invites & remiders 3 years 8 months ago #57591

• Anurag
  • Junior Lime
Shnoulle wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Shnoulle. But I am not sure which delay you are talking about, and where to set this delay?

Re: Timeouts while sending invites & remiders 3 years 8 months ago #57611

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 869
Anurag wrote:
Shnoulle wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Shnoulle. But I am not sure which delay you are talking about, and where to set this delay?
ACtually, LimeSurvey send 50 mail (by default) and wait you click on the button.

I think you can try to wait (you wait :)) before clicking on the send next button.
But maybe you can ask to your mail manager the reason the first 150 is good, but not the other.

(with my installation, i can put 4000 mail on one row)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image