Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers

Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56947

• dazza_dog
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a survey and depending on the answers to the first 2 questions the survey may need to finish immediatley.
  1. Is it possible?
  2. How do I do this?

Thanks

Darryn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56954

• pmonstad
  • Fresh Lemon
Not possible, and I miss this feature as well! conditions should have the possibility to

jump to next question, next group and finish.
--
Pål Monstad

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56956

• dazza_dog
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the reply.

I've voted for the feature request so will have to wait and see

Darryn

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56963

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
You can set a quota on a question to terminate the survey - docs.limesurvey.org/quotas&structure=Eng...tions+for+LimeSurvey
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56966

• dazza_dog
  • Fresh Lemon
I looked at Quota's but they are no good.

If someone answers No to the 1st question I would like to jump to a page thanking them for the participation but they do no meet the survey requirements.

If someone answers yes then they get the full survey.

Thanks

Darryn

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56969

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 298
dazza_dog wrote:
I looked at Quota's but they are no good.

If someone answers No to the 1st question I would like to jump to a page thanking them for the participation but they do no meet the survey requirements.

If someone answers yes then they get the full survey.

Thanks

Darryn
That's what quotas can be used for. Simply set a quota of "0" for the "no" answer.

As an alternative you can also use conditions but you have to copy the condition "Show question if question X was NOT answered 'no'" to all following questions.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56984

• dazza_dog
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi

I can't see how to set a quota for an individual question only for the survey as a whole - Am I missing something?

For a small survey setting the condition would be easy but an option in a condition to end the survey would be a nice feature :)

Darryn

Re: Immediatley Finish Survey early depending on answers 3 years 8 months ago #56988

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 298
I was referring to "If someone answers No to the 1st question I would like to jump to a page thanking them for the participation but they do no meet the survey requirements." which is what quotas are used for. To skip only one question you can use conditions.

You can add the condition requirement as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image