Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time how long it takes to complete a survey

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103094

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
The start and end time are recorded in the results. So this is already included in the data, when you set it up for recording the times. Just substract the end time from the start time...
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103101

• mrli999
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
holch wrote:
The start and end time are recorded in the results. So this is already included in the data, when you set it up for recording the times. Just substract the end time from the start time...

The start time and end time are the same in the database. Beside that is limesurvey can calculate the difference. Then we can know it through the browser database.

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103102

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sounds strange that the start and the end time are the same. Did you enable the timestamp for the survey?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103103

• mrli999
  • Expert Lime
holch wrote:
Sounds strange that the start and the end time are the same. Did you enable the timestamp for the survey?

Yes. You can also see: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8507

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103105

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
I gave it a try and I have the same problem, the start time is the same as the time of last action and the time of submission.

However, when activating timings it seems like the time is recorded correctly and it gives me a total time that makes sense.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999

Aw: Re: Time how long it takes to complete a survey 6 months 2 weeks ago #103106

• mrli999
  • Expert Lime
holch wrote:
I gave it a try and I have the same problem, the start time is the same as the time of last action and the time of submission.

However, when activating timings it seems like the time is recorded correctly and it gives me a total time that makes sense.

There are two table, one is for the data, one is for timing. The data in the timing table is right. But the startdate and submitdate in the data table is not right.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Donation Image