Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation

css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56298

• zenil79
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I put some css in a boiler plate question.
eg:
<style type="text/css">
.labelSty {font-weight:bold;..}
</style>
Next time when I invoke the fck editor to edit it, i see the css entry as
<style type="text/css">
.labelSty // All the style information missing
</style>

This looks like a bug. Any work-arounds ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56318

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
You need to turn off the XSS filter in Global Settings -> Security.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this though. Placing a style there will result in invalid HTML.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56345

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
tpartner wrote:
You need to turn off the XSS filter in Global Settings -> Security.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this though. Placing a style there will result in invalid HTML.
And i'm near sure it don't work.

style elsewhere of head don't working.

you can use :
<span style=""></span>
WHere you want, in sub question or answer too.

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56353

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
And the most obvious solution: why not put the style where it belongs - in the template.css?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56372

• zenil79
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
I had like to use One template.css for every survey and it will contain styles that define the general layout of the survey.

But any per survey styling, I had like to do it within the survey. Or put it in a survey_sid.css and include that css in the survey <head> tag. But can't see a way to do that.

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56397

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
You can create survey-specific style-sheets using the survey ID.

Create your stylesheet with a name like styles_12345.css (where 12345 is the survey ID) and place it in your template directory.

Then place the following in startpage.pstpl right before the </head> tag:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{TEMPLATEURL}styles_{SID}.css" />
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56399

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Really good idea, tpartner.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56400

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I do the same thing with custom JavaScript files:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{TEMPLATEURL}scripts_{SID}.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56409

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sounds like a really fine idea. Just one question: does the file actually have to exist or could you just include that in the header of the template and leave it there in case you need it?

Re: css in a boilerplate question gets removed completely on next time invocation 3 years 7 months ago #56412

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Oh, I just leave it there. If no file exists nothing happens.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

The following user(s) said Thank You: zenil79
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Donation Image